For the last ten years or so, I’ve had a weekly ritual that every Sunday night is my pampering night. With few exceptions, every Sunday after my son goes down to sleep, I spend a couple of hours indulging myself in beauty treatments. I always do some sort of face exfoliation, a face mask, a hair mask and sometimes a big yummy bath with intoxicating oils that relax and transport me. Whether it’s one treatment or five, I always make sure I get some ‘me’ time on Sunday nights to unwind and prep for the upcoming week.
So that you can partake in a DIY Spa Ritual of your own, I have created a list of some of my favorite homespun spa treatments and rituals that you can easily do yourself at home. Take a look at my list, see what inspires you and share some of your DIY spa rituals and beauty routines too!
ROMY’S FAVORITE AT HOME SPA RITUALS
- Make sure to carve out a regular weekly or monthly time slot to pamper and indulge yourself, you won’t regret it!
- Start with an aromatherapy or a detox bath. I love using the refreshing yet relaxing combo of orange and lavender essential oils in my bath, ahhhh! And, when I want to detox, I use a minty essential oil of some sort and a few cups of Epsom salt to pull out the impurities
- After your skin is soft and warmed up, it’s time to break out those loofah gloves baby! You can find them at your local drug store
- When I get out of the bath and my skin is moist, I love to spritz my skin with a hydrating cocktail of water mixed with a few drops of my favorite fragrance or essential oil to keep my skin supple and smelling yummy
- Make sure to put on an oversized soft and snuggly robe, so that you can truly emulate that at-home spa experience
- Create the perfect canvas for product absorption with regular exfoliation. I always make sure to exfoliate my face on my pampering nights with either a microderm scrub, an enzyme scrub, or a peel
- Sometimes I add a lip scrub into the mix (you can easily make one by combining brown sugar, a dash of cinnamon & oil) or use a dry toothbrush on your lips
- I follow-up my face scrub with whatever type of mask my skin needs, which usually is a hydration mask of some sort
- There are so many great recipes online to guide you through how to create your own fresh masks at home or visit your neighborhood drugstore for effective and affordable options
- While my mask is doing it’s thing, I like treat my eyes with sliced cucumbers to reduce puffiness or just a fun mask to block out the light
- Let’s not forget about the hair! After washing my hair with a purifying shampoo to remove build-up (you can use a white vinegar rinse in lieu of a clarifying shampoo) & bring it back to life with a rich, hydrating deep conditioner
- Here’s my favorite little at-home trick for kicking up my hair mask: Get a bath towel wet with water, squeeze out the excess, add a couple drops of your fav essential oil (I love lemongrass), microwave the towel for a minute or two until it is nice and steamy and wrap around your hair for an amazeballs deep conditioning treatment = Nirvana!
- Make sure to carve out at least thirty minutes plus, to treat yourself to a lovely spa ritual. Take note of what this indulgence does for your mood, not to mention your skin and hair
Want to win some fabulous pampering prizes? Take a moment to enter the Style Your Spring sweepstakes & share your at home beauty routines at www.beauty.philips.com
Philips Satin Perfect is aninnovative solution for women who are looking for a simple, at-home hair removal tool to ensure they are ready for any outfit at a moment’s notice. Satin Perfect is a cordless, total body epilator that removes even the shortest hairs in one stroke, so skin stays silky smooth for up to four weeks. It includes an extra-wide epilation head with textured ceramic discs to remove even the finest and shortest (.5MM) hairs.Visit www.Beauty.Philips.com for more information on Philips female hair removal products.
Compensation was provided by Philips via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Philips.