I am excited to partner with LiveHeath Online for this post and share a handful of fabulous tips for carving out more time for busy multitasking women like us. If you or your family has a need for medical care on-the-go this summer, LiveHealth Online is an inspired new app that allows you to talk to directly to a doctor 24/7 and remotely get a diagnosis and treatment for your urgent medical problems.
Summer is in full swing right now: the weather is warmer, the kids are at camp, vacations are happening, BBQ invites, beach days and so much more, but are you carving out time for yourself? Have you taken the time to do the things that feed your soul, make you happier, healthier and eliminate stress? Are you thinking ‘me’ time, what the heck is that? If any of this resonates with you, then read on!
Being a multi-tasking, overly busy mother, wife and business woman myself, I too struggle with setting boundaries and carving out time for myself. Now admittedly as a blogger, I do get to got out to a lot of fun events and test out spa visits etc, but at the end of the day it is still work. I still have to write about it when all the fun is done, add something else to my endless to do list etc, you know the drill. So what can all of us busy women do to ensure that we take time out for ourselves? Following are my five suggestions for things you can do to take time out for yourself this summer:
1) Take Time to Pamper Yourself – Whether you buy yourself some yummy bath salts and take an extra long bath without interruption, give yourself a face mask once a week, ask your spouse for a foot massage or sneak off to the spa every now and then, I encourage you to make time to nurture yourself. Pampering definitely eases stress and tension and it does wonders for the soul, just add ‘Pamper Me’ time to your schedule and stick to it.
2) Fall in Puppy Love – Just under a year ago we adopted Jasper (pictured at the top of this post) and although I was anti-dog for a while, this dog has changed my life. Unconditional love, kisses, snuggling, play and companionship 24/7. Enough said!
3) Spend Time with your Girlfriends – Earlier this week I took a little day trip up the coast to visit a flea market with a couple of my girlfriends from Junior High (one I hadn’t seen in 30 years!) and it did wonders for my soul. We shopped, we bonded, we ate, we giggled and we reminisced about old times. It was so fun, and just like it was yesterday we were three tween girls without a care in the world. So make a dates with the girls regularly, you SO need it!
4) Getaway with Your Man Every Now & Then – Lucky me, my son is at sleep away camp and my hubby and I are enjoying lots of relaxing bonding time which we are fondly calling our ‘Campymoon’ and it is so fun and nurturing for our relationship. It is amazing how relaxed and connected you feel without parenting responsibilities which you can easily accomplish with a regular date night or a weekend getaway. Time away from work, kids and chores that’s all you need.
5) Find a Form of Exercise You Love & Do It Regularly – This is the hardest one for me, how about you? However, I know that every time that I am active for at least 20-30 minutes and break a sweat, I feel SO much better. It makes me feel FAB from the inside out. I recent fav is Hot Yoga by candlelight and it does wonders for my energy and mood.
LiveHeath Online is an app that offers a safe, fast and easy way for moms to talk face-to-face with a doctor to get a diagnosis and treatment for themselves and their families for urgent care conditions that pop up every summer, like hand, foot and mouth disease, pink eye, rashes, sunburns, and other air and water borne viruses.
Moms can use the LiveHealth Online app 24/7, 365 days to talk securely and privately by two-way video chat with a US-based, board certified primary care doctor. If needed, the LiveHealth Online doctor can call in prescriptions directly to a local pharmacy.
Registering for LiveHealth Online is fast and easy — just download the app from iTunes or Google Play store and signup in one quick step. Or, you can visit http://www.livehealthonline.com/moms and register. LiveHealth Online is a cost effective alternative to urgent care or retail clinics and costs $49 for an urgent care visit.
In order to see just how FAB the LiveHealth Online app is, I encourage you to try it out for FREE now thru October 31st, 2014 by using my special code: LHORomyRaves
Disclosure: I have partnered with LiveHealth Online for this campaign and I am being compensated for this collaboration, but all opinions and fabulous tips are my own.