In celebration of the premiere of FX’s new drama Snowfall, the network is hosting an immersive 80’s themed throwback event in DTLA this weekend
This is a sponsored blog; while the views expressed here were genuinely mine, consideration was paid to me by FX to review this product.
I grew up in the eighties, a time of excess in fashion, drugs and hip-hop music. The 80’s were all about bigger and bolder is better, think shoulder pads, bright fluorescent colors and big hair. As I write this post, I am smiling as I recall my exacting hair styling technique and the specific way that I sprayed hairspray while I dried my hair in order to make my bangs stand straight up! And don’t even get me started on the day glow vibrant pink nail polish and lipsticks that I used to wear. OMG it was fun but SO over-the-top!
Well if you are a fan of the eighties like I am, then you are going to be excited that this era is making a comeback in Downtown Los Angeles this upcoming weekend. The FX Network is hosting a fabulous FREE immersive 80’s throwback experience in celebration of the upcoming premiere of their gritty new drama series Snowfall, which premieres on Wednesday, July 5 at 10 PM ET/PT. Set in the early 1980s, Snowfall explores the genesis of the cocaine epidemic and its wider impact on the culture at large.
Following is a list of all of the event details, including the inspired activities that you will be able to participate in this weekend:
- Friday, June 23rd from 12pm-8pm
- Saturday and Sunday, June 24th and 25th from 11am-7pm
- Hudson Loft, 1200 South Hope Street, Los Angeles, CA 90015
- The Snowfall is an 80’s themed pop-up event in DTLA and is free to the public all weekend long
- DJ academy where you can learn to spin old-school vinyl with the pros
- Meet and Greet with Lonzo Williams, the godfather of early West Coast hip-hop
- Custom lacing station to freshen your kicks
- Barber shop featuring John Mosley, aka The Popular Nobody, giving classic 80’s fade-ups
- Sliders and Coleslaw by world famous Bludso’s BBQ
- Delicious tacos by Trejo’s Tacos
- Giveaways and more, including a pass to attend the premiere screening of Snowfall on Monday, 6/26 at The Theatre at Ace Hotel
- Click here to RSVP on the official event page: http://www.facebook.com/FxNetworks
For a sneak peek of Snowfall, checkout the trailer here:
You can find additional information and all the Snowfall program details here: http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/snowfall