Oz The Great and Powerful movie opens nationwide tomorrow, and this die hard Wizard of Oz fan saw a preview earlier this week (thank you Savvy Sassy Moms!) and I was blown away by the creativity of this movie that tells the untold story and background of the Wizard of Oz. Without giving too much away, this story borrows key themes and plot points from the original and it reimagines them to tell this new and enchanting story of the Wizard and his relationship with the three witches of Oz, Theodora, Evanora and Glinda. I must admit that it took me a while to buy into this journey, but once I did, I was captivated. I took my 9 year old son and he loved it!
Given my affinity for both the classic and the new movie, imagine my delight when I found out that the hip and edgy makeup brand, Urban Decay, created two makeup eyeshadow palettes to mirror the stunning looks of the both the good and bad witch in the the new Oz movie. These palettes had my name written all over them because they spoke to both the collector and beauty junkie in me! Let me tell you more about these must-have eye shadow kits.
The Glinda Palette ($49)
Urban Decay created this Limited Edition palette to recreate Glinda’s ethereal, spellbinding look with eight all new and exclusive eye shadows in six pans (two of the shadows contain duo-shades with a different color on each side of the pan). Every shade features Urban Decay’s Pigment Infusion System™, the proprietary blend of ingredients that gives each shade its velvety texture, rich color, serious staying power, and blendability. This palette is soft, sweet, romantic and perfect for creating those feminine daytime looks. The colors enhance your natural beauty and give you a luminous, radiant look just like Glinda.
This set contains:
- Six Eyeshadows
- Tornado – a vibrant deep purple shimmer
- Aura – an iridescent white with blue shift and iridescent white with red shift
- Magic – a pinkish purple with golden shimmer
- Illusion – a pale peach satin
- Oz – a gold with gold glitter and silver with silver glitter
- South – warm pale gray shimmer with silver micro-glitter
- One 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Rockstar, a deep eggplant
- One Super-Saturated High Gloss Color in Glinda, a light sheer nude
- A card with step-by-step instructions on how to get Glinda’s look from the film
The Theodora Palette ($49)
Urban Decay created this Limited Edition palette to recreate Theodora’s captivating, edgy, sultry look with eight exclusive eye shadows in six pans. I LOVE the Theodora palette, this is much more my speed with the get-a-girl noticed browns and greens to really make your eyes ‘pop’. These colors can be used with a soft touch for a daytime look like Mila is wearing below or you can intensify the shadows at night for a more smoky, sultry look. I love the almost blood red Theodora Red Cream Gloss, it makes her lips really pop in this picture and in the movie. This palette is swoon worthy and a new fav of mine!
This set contains:
- Six Eyeshadows
- Broken – a pale cream satin
- Beware – a warm brown matte
- Bewitch – a dark charcoal brown satin
- West – a deep metallic brown shimmer
- Spell – a black satin with green and gold shimmer and gold metallic with tonal glitter
- Jealous – a pale green pearl and dark green pearl
- One 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Zero, a black
- One Super-Saturated High Gloss Color in Theodora, a bright red cream
- A card with step-by-step instructions on how to get Theodora’s look from the film
Disclosure: Urban Decay sent me the Theodora Palette for editorial consideration, but all opinions and Oz/Wicked obsessions are my very own.