OK, you asked for it and now you are getting a candid look into my nightly skincare routine, and it ain’t always pretty! 😉 No seriously, people always ask me what I am doing to my skin to make it look so good and honestly I tell them it takes work! It takes constant conscious steps, products and regular care to keep it looking healthy and vibrant. And unfortunately, it gets even more challenging to maintain as I get older. Following is a list of the steps that I take nightly and weekly to keep my skin looking and feeling its best. I hope you discover something new and helpful.
- Clean your skin every night, no matter what – No matter how tired or lazy I am, I clean my face every single night before bed and I remove all traces of make-up. I either wash it with a face soap or on particularly lazy nights I use face wipe or even a baby wipe to effortlessly take everything off.
- Apply an anti-aging product nightly – This is another crucial step, every night I apply an active anti-aging cream or serum and it makes a big difference. Look for products with active ingredients like alpha hydroxy or lactic acid, retinols, and peptides, these products noticeably transform your skin.
- Make sure your skin is well hydrated – Since I have drier skin, I typically use a moisturizer over my serum morning and night. I adore oils too and use them on both my face and body for a luminous glow. Hydrated skin looks healthier and younger.
- Exfoliate your face and body 1-2 times per week – This is such an important step in my skincare regimen! Gently getting rid of old, dirty, dead and tired skin is what makes my skin fresh and glowing. You can exfoliate with sponges, scrubs or peels, whichever floats your boat, but make sure you do this at least once a week.
- Treat yourself to a weekly mask – For many years, Sunday night has been ‘Mask Night’ and without fail, every Sunday I assess the needs of my skin and apply a mask to give it what it needs. I use masks that hydrate, deep clean, rejuvenate, brighten and calm my skin and I LOVE it! I curl up with a good book or magazine and create a mini spa-like ritual.
- Don’t forget about your hands and feet! – My nightstand looks like a drugstore with all the emollient creams that I
hoardhave to pamper my hands and feet. Every night, I slather on hand and foot cream to bring them back to life, it’s a nice little pampering treat at the end of each day and I wake up with supple hands and feet.
AVEENO® Daily Moisturizing Lotion: Give your skin a naturally beautiful fresh start. This nourishing lotion improves the health of your skin in just 1 day! It contains ACTIVE NATURALS® Colloidal Oatmeal and is blended with rich emollients to help protect and soothe dry skin.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by AVEENO® via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of AVEENO®.