Where does the time go? Summer is rapidly coming to a close (boo-hoo) and Labor Day is upon us this weekend, so I wanted to squeeze in one last end of summer post and share some last minute recommendations of the summer. Hope you enjoy and make sure to take a moment to soak up these last morsels of summer before it rides off into the sunset.
Custom Design Your Own Pair of Sunglasses at Made Eyewear I’m kinda obsessed with Made Eyewear! This fab website allows you to design and customize your own glasses starting at just $84! The site has a great selection of sun and optical frames made with top quality materials that allows you to easily design a frame that fits your style and taste. There are tons of possible combinations of shapes, colors, and laser etched designs to choose from. I LOVE my Orange and Turquoise Maggie Frames, that I snazzed up with a floral etched design on the arms and Romy Raves printed inside. Chic & Stylish!
Get Rid of Your Unwanted Dry Summer Skin & Bring On the Suppleness
- Daily Concepts Your Exfoliating Gloves ($18) This is such a great idea, I wonder why someone didn’t think of it before now! Well, kudos to Daily Concepts for designing these fab exfoliating gloves with a label with indicator that fades when it’s time to replace your gloves. And as an added bonus the packaging comes with a suction cup so you can store the gloves in your shower. Be gone dry skin!
- One Love Organics Chamomile Aromatic Body Serum ($39) After a thorough exfoliation, my body cries out for mucho moisture and One Love’s Aromatic Body Serum has been my go-to hydrator this summer. This yummy oil mist is made with an emollient blend of organic plant oils like Pumpkin Seed Oil, Supercritical Sea Buckthorn Oil and Chamomile which all help hydrate, nourish, rejuvenate and calm dry skin. LOVE!
- Osmia Facial Restoration Serum ($60) I adore this wonderful brand of artisanal handcrafted skincare products and this restorative serum has been my summer travel facial skin savior. This serum is made with a gorgeous blend of restorative oils like jojoba, kukui, pomegranate, sea buckthorn, lavender, rose, and wild-harvested carrot seed which all work together to revitalize, nourish, and restore skin to a radiant supple texture.
Keep That Summer Glow Alive
- Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Glow Moisture ($42) Dr. Gross, well known for his fab AB peel, has done it again with his fab new anti-aging moisturizer aka “Glotion”. This daily moisturizer keeps your skin radiant, hydrated and glowing with active vitamin D and DHA. If you aren’t ready to let go of your golden summer glow, this subtle self-tanner will def do the trick.
- Radiant Dust by Melanie Mills ($59) Melanie Mills is a golden goddess who is well-known for creating the gorgeous tans on DWTS with her cult fav Gleam Body Radiance. Her new Radiant Dust is a finely milled face and body powder made from high grade pearls that draw light in rather than reflect it and it gives your skin a lovely subtle shimmer. I love it dusted on my cheekbones, shoulders and decollete – it gives a hint of luminosity and sexiness.
Revitalize Your Dehydrated Summer Hair
- Marco Anti-Frizz Leave-In Conditioner with Collagen Color Guard ($35) If summer has wreaked havoc on your hair like it has mine, you will LOVE Marco’s uber fab nourishing Leave-In Conditioner. This light anti-frizz leave-in conditioner replenishes, restores and revitalizes your hair structure and color. I have been using it a couple times a week during this summer and am impressed by how healthy and smooth it has made my hair.
I couldn’t resist sharing and highly recommending a Labor Day visit to this rather delicious new pork-centric sandwich shop that recent opened on Abbott Kinney in the Venice Beach area of SoCal. The food is sooooo good here that my mouth is watering as I write this! My foodie son and I stopped by last week for a media tasting and we both loved every tasty morsel. We shared The Belly Up their signature sandwich with smoked BBQ Pork Belly topped with homemade coleslaw on a brioche roll-it melted in your mouth; then The Chop sandwich with brisket smoked for over 12 hours, chopped and then topped with their homemade BBQ sauce and Cole Slaw on a brioche roll – my son loved it so much we ordered a second; and of course a side order of cornmeal crusted Fried Pickles with a tasty spicy dipping sauce. Super affordable & full of flavor, your palate and belly will thank you!