I just can’t seem to get that ubiquitous ‘My Sweet Summer is Gone’ song out of my head. How about you? If you are you anything like me, you are feeling sad to see the easy breezy more relaxing/less scheduled days of summer drift away. In an effort to ease the pain of summer ending and help mend my skin from the harsh and drying summer elements, I visited Burke Williams Day Spa in Sherman Oaks, California (on my birthday!) to try out their Nourishing Facial.
Burke Williams Nourishing Facial incorporates a combination of revitlaizing serums and a lifting facial massage to restore vital nutrients in your skin while stimulating collagen production. One of the highlights of this facial is a dermal-filling mask that combines a potent dose of hyaluronic acid with anti-wrinkle peptides to boost your skin’s moisture levels and help noticeably fill-in furrows, plump-up tissues and tone-down age lines. This facial makes your skin look and feel smoother, firmer, more supple and hydrated, healthier and younger looking.
In order for you you to fully appreciate the benefits of this facial, I wanted to highlight the special features of this facial as well as some of the special customization’s that my aesthetician added in as a bonus:
- My hands were dipped in Paraffin to warm and moisturize them during my facial – most BW facials include a parafin dip
- I got a 30% Vitamin C Peel to eliminate dull, dead skin and allow for better product penetration. The peel was a bonus that BW was offering last month as a free enhancement to all their facials, but it’s not normally part of the Nourishing Facial
- After the peel sat on my skin for several minutes to work it’s magic, my aesthetician used a physical exfoliating scrub to further help remove dead skin cells – Love the combo of both an enzymatic and physical exfoliation. It makes your skin soooo smooth!
- Another bonus that I got during this facial was the Biocarbonate & Citric Acid mask to help brighten my skin and soften it for extractions
- After extractions, my aesthetician applied a yummy combo of a lime stimulating and stone crop nourishing mask to help promote blood flow, bring nutrients and oxygen to help plump and firm the skin. I loved the slight zing of this cocktail and the radiant glow it brought to my face
- The Dermal Filler Mask was applied at the end of the facial. It began by applying the dermal filler gauze and then applying the Lavender Alginate Mask over it. This combo is packed with hydrating peptides and hyaluronic acid to calm, sooth and plump your skin
I truly loved the Nourishing Facial! It really revitalized my summer parched skin and made it supple, smooth, hydrated and glowing. What do you think?
And as an added bonus after my divine facial, Burke Williams treated me to a private and very relaxing hydrating and moisturizing Birthday Bath complete with aromatic face towels, sparkling cider and sweet healthy nibbles to enjoy during my soak. It was 30 minutes of uninterrupted BLISS! Next time you visit a Burke Williams Spa for your birthday, ask for the complimentary birthday bath, such a treat!
Disclosure: Burke Williams invited me into their spa to experience their Nourishing Facial for editorial consideration, however all opinions are my own.