I am excited to partner with Nature’s Bounty on this informative women’s health post to share some of my favorite wellness tips to help women over 40 feel healthy and vibrant.
This is a sponsored post in partnership with The Motherhood on behalf of Nature’s Bounty
This past summer I turned 50 and now more than ever, I am much more diligent about doing whatever it takes to feel healthy, energetic, balanced and vibrant. Basically what I am saying is that as I have gotten older, I am much more aware of how important my health is and I tend to prioritize doing things that ensure that I feel my best. Recently, I have come to realize that when your health is compromised and you aren’t able live life to the fullest, everything else becomes so much less important.
For these reasons, I am thrilled to partner with Nature’s Bounty on this wellness post in order to share some of my favorite wellness tips to help women over 40 (like me!) feel healthy, youthful and vibrant. Let’s face it, we all just want to be our best, healthy selves, because no matter what, you’re always better off healthy!
Following are five tips and recommendations for things that I do and products that I use to support my overall health and wellness. I hope one or more of these tips inspires you to prioritize your wellness and perhaps change one or two small things that can potentially have a big impact on how healthy and vibrant you feel moving forward.
5 Fabulous Healthy Lifestyle Tips for Women Over 40:
1) Integrate a Digital Detox ~ I started with a technology tip because most of the people around me have become dependent and overly focused on digital technology and connectivity. So many of us are obsessed with our devices and it has become harder and harder to pull ourselves away. So I highly recommend a digital detox once a month; try disconnecting and stepping away from your device for several hours, a full day or even an entire weekend, it’s so freeing and liberating!
Our society’s dependence on technology is also taking it’s toll on our eyes, not to mention how age also impacts our vision. Did you know that digital devices emit high amounts of high energy blue light which may induce oxidative stress to the eyes? Well, I recently discovered an innovative product that can help mitigate the impact of blue light on our vision. Nature’s Bounty® Lutein Blue is a unique eye health supplement that helps filter damaging blue light from electronic devices*. It helps protect eyes from the damaging blue light of electronic devices and it has been clinically studied to support eye health*. Super Cool!
2) Keep Your Beautiful Body Moving ~ This one is so simple, but super important. As we age, our bodies get stiffer and slower and if we don’t keep our bodies moving, our wellness and vitality can suffer. It’s doesn’t have to be intense or long in duration, just do something everyday that keeps your body moving and your joints lubricated. I personally enjoy walking my dog for 15-20 minutes everyday as well as regular hot yoga to keep my body fit and fluid. What’s your activity of choice?
3) Prioritize Gut Health ~ Over the last several years, wherever I turn in the women’s wellness space, I see something emphasizing the importance of digestive and gut health. I have certainly noticed that as I have gotten older, bloating, gas and seamless digestion have become more of an issue, and as a result I have integrated regularly taking a probiotic supplement and it really helps! A recent favorite is Nature’s Bounty® Ultra Strength Probiotic 10 which contains an optimal level of 20 billion live probiotic cultures as well as 10 probiotic strains and it provides advanced support for digestive balance and healthy immune function*.
4) Continually Work on Mindfullness ~ Mindfulness is an ongoing battle for me, however whenever I take the time to take a breath, meditate and be present, it makes a world of difference in my overall mood and well-being. Recently, I’ve been taking mindfulness classes at a local meditation studio and it really helps me decompress, focus and deal with the stress of life as well as the hormonal imbalances that come with being over 40 and getting closer to menopause. There are plenty of resources online to help you build a mindfulness practice and I highly recommend that you look into it further.
5) Eat Seasonally, Locally & Colorfully ~ Last, but certainly not least is making an effort to eat natural whole foods that are colorful, in season and locally sourced. I feel so much better when I eat like this, don’t you? But in reality it’s easier said than done, which makes it essential that you take a multivitamin to ensure that you are getting a healthy dose of essential nutrients and vitamins. Nature’s Bounty® Adult Multivitamin Gummies are a yummy way to ensure that you get the nutrients your body needs to support your immune system and bone health*. Each serving provides 100% Daily Value of four key B Vitamins, Vitamin C and Vitamin D which all work together to support your overall wellness.
Nature’s Bounty has so many incredible products to help support you on your health journey. If you want to learn about their latest products and receive wellness tips You can sign-up for their mailing list to receive news, offers and announcements right to your inbox HERE.*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.