Every October, I round-up fabulous lifestyle items that give back to Breast Cancer Awareness causes. Here are my 10 favorite BCA products for 2018
Did you know that 1 out of every 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer at some point in her life? This real and alarming statistic hit very close to home this year because one of my beautiful cousins was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and is currently undergoing treatment. So for me, raising awareness about this cause is especially important this year. Following is this year’s assortment of ten wonderful products that give back to BCA. I hope that you find one or more products that inspires you to shop and support this worthwhile cause.
1) Talbots “The Art of the Scarf Collection” ($69.50 each) is a gorgeous collection of silk scarves designed by five renowned international female artists to honor the strength and courage of women who are battling breast cancer. These beautiful one-of-a-kind scarves are only available at Talbots online or in store during the month of October 2018 and 20 percent of the net proceeds will be donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. While all of the scarves are lovely, the one I chose to feature was created by Fashion Illustrator Caroline So, who describes her creation like this: “I like to bring a touch of joy to everything I do. In creating this scarf, I was deeply inspired by a certain female sensibility – lighthearted and playful, yet courageous, strong and confident.”
2) It Cosmetics Love Beauty Fully™ Love is the Foundation Brush ($30) is a fabulous limited edition heart-shaped makeup brush with a whimsical confetti handle available exclusively at Ulta Beauty. I adore It Cosmetics’ exquisite densely packed brushes that deliver a flawless finish. And the best part is that for every brush sold, the brand will donate another brush to the Look Good Feel Better campaign to help women dealing with cancer feel better about themselves.
3) Chico’s Living Beyond Breast Cancer Pajama Set ($60) is a comfy and cute limited edition pink floral pajama set created by one of my favorite brands (I adore their pjs) in order to make a difference in the fight against breast cancer. During the entire month of October 2018, Chico’s will donate $25 (up to a maximum donation of $250K) from every sale of these pajama sets to Living Beyond Breast Cancer.
4) ELEMIS Limited Edition Pro-Collagen Rose Cleansing Balm Supersize ($99) is a limited edition English rose infused version of the brand’s cult favorite oil cleansing balm. This supersize makeup and dirt busting cleanser features a beautiful rose adorned jar designed by the iconic British fashion house Lily and Lionel. Regardless of sales, ELEMIS will donate $25,000 to The Pink Agenda which helps raise breast cancer awareness among young professionals.
5) The Weatherman Collapsible Umbrella in Pink ($59) is one of the most durable umbrellas on the market. It features innovative smart tech to alert you to when it’s about to rain as well as tell you where you last left your umbrella, cool right? The best part is that during the entire month of October 2018, the brand will donate $5 from each purchase of this compact pink umbrella to Susan G. Komen of Greater NYC.
6) Kendra Scott Lee Rose Gold Earrings in Light Pink Opal ($80) is chic and dainty pair of rose gold opal earrings from one of my all time favorite jewelry brands that gives back to BCA in two different ways. First, for every pair of these earrings that is purchased, Kendra Scott will gift a pair to a woman undergoing cancer treatment along with handwritten note of encouragement. In addition, during the entire month of October 2018, Kendra Scott will donate 20% of the purchase price up to $125,000 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
7) Princess House Culinario Series Tools Pink Mixing Spoon ($24.95) is a limited edition pink spoon created in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. For every regular-priced purchase of this fun-to-entertain-with pink spoon, Princess House will donate $1 to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. I think a pair of these chic pink spoons would make a lovely hostess gift, don’t you agree?!
8) C.O. Bigelow Freesia Candle ($42) is a special edition candle created with one of the brand’s most popular perfume oils which has gorgeous floral notes of quince, jasmine, pink freesia, and muguet. And the best thing about this heavenly smelling candle is that C.O. Bigelow will donate 10% of all the sales from this candle from the entire year to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
9) B Collection by Bobeau Ophelie Cozy Wide Sleeve Top in Peach Beige ($78) is a super yummy, soft and cozy flare sleeve sweater tee that is perfect for Fall and Winter. It’s chic, stylish and great for travel. And the best part is that 20% of all the sales of this fab top will be donated to Bright Pink.
10) Bella Schnieder Beauty Detoxifying & Rejuvenating Self-Heating Mask ($58) is unique self-heating face mask packed with anti-oxidant rich cranberry, hydrating grapeseed oil and replenishing linoleic acid and it purifies, nourishes and reduces fine lines on your face. During the month of October 2018, Bella Schneider Beauty is donating 20% of the all proceeds from the sales of this regenerating mask to the American Cancer Society.