Sayulita is a charming boho chic town in the Riveria Nayarit region of Mexico. It’s a colorful city with a welcoming vibe and fab artisanal shopping
I was invited to Riviera Nayarit & hosted by the Visitors & Convention Bureau, all opinions are my own
Do you enjoy discovering off-the-beaten-path charming and quaint towns when you travel? If you said yes, then you are going to want to book a trip to Sayulita in the Riviera Nayarit region of Mexico ASAP. I recently visited this magical place and fell in love with the relaxing charm and boho chic vibe of this sleepy Mexican surf town. Let me tell you 5 reasons you are likely to adore this town as much as I did:
1) Sayulita is an instrammer’s dream! – The first thing that I noticed and loved about Sayulita is that it is very bright, bold and colorful and the vibe and aesthetics immediately resonated with me. As most of you know by now, I am all about bold fun colors and this little town is filled with colorful, instagramable photo opps around every corner and I was in heaven taking pictures here. Here are few of examples of the fab photo opps that you will find here:
2) Sayulita has a wonderfully relaxing non-touristy vibe – After having visited lots of different places in Mexico over the years, I was struck by the serenity and peacefulness that I felt while spending time in Sayulita and I loved it! The city is very charming, quaint, beachy and chic all at the same time and most importantly it is not trying too hard to be something, it just is! This calmness makes it an ideal and relaxing vacation spot.
3) Sayulita is a swoon-worthy shopping destination filled with high quality, colorful, handcrafted artisanal items – Wow! I was in heaven meandering in and out of shops and street vendors in Sayulita, I could have spent days doing this! I was really impressed by the high quality beautifully made handcrafted items that I discovered all over town. So much color, beautiful detailed craftsmanship and statement making treasures were uncovered while shopping there.
4) The locals are wonderfully colorful and take pride in their work – As I explored Sayulita, I was struck by the unexpected level of passion that the locals had towards their work, whether they were an artisan themselves or if they were selling the artistic creations of someone else. I loved hearing the stories about how their particular artistic creation was passed down from one generation to the next. It was so heart warming to experience this and it made you want to support and buy from them even more!
5) Sayulita has the Best Micheladas, Hands Down! If you have never had a Michelada – a cold and refreshing beverage made with beer, tomato juice, Worcestershire Sauce, Tajin and a squeeze of fresh lime juice – you must have one in Sayulita because they make them to perfection! It’s a must-have whenever you visit this charming place, especially during the hot summer months because it’s so cool and refreshing!
I hope that I have enticed you to visit Sayulita sooner rather than later so that you can enjoy all of the colorfulness and serenity that this boho beach town has to offer. And make sure to checkout the Riviera Nayarit Visitors & Convention Bureau website to learn all about the wonderful and adventurous things that you can do in this burgeoning vacation region.
Many of these Fab Photos were taken by: Amanda San Martin Photography