Sayulita is a charming boho chic town in the Riveria Nayarit region of Mexico. It’s a colorful city with a welcoming vibe and fab artisanal shopping
I was invited to Riviera Nayarit & hosted by the Visitors & Convention Bureau, all opinions are my own
Do you enjoy discovering off-the-beaten-path charming and quaint towns when you travel? If you said yes, then you are going to want to book a trip to Sayulita in the Riviera Nayarit region of Mexico ASAP. I recently visited this magical place and fell in love with the relaxing charm and boho chic vibe of this sleepy Mexican surf town. Let me tell you 5 reasons you are likely to adore this town as much as I did:
1) Sayulita is an instrammer’s dream! – The first thing that I noticed and loved about Sayulita is that it is very bright, bold and colorful and the vibe and aesthetics immediately resonated with me. As most of you know by now, I am all about bold fun colors and this little town is filled with colorful, instagramable photo opps around every corner and I was in heaven taking pictures here. Here are few of examples of the fab photo opps that you will find here:
2) Sayulita has a wonderfully relaxing non-touristy vibe – After having visited lots of different places in Mexico over the years, I was struck by the serenity and peacefulness that I felt while spending time in Sayulita and I loved it! The city is very charming, quaint, beachy and chic all at the same time and most importantly it is not trying too hard to be something, it just is! This calmness makes it an ideal and relaxing vacation spot.
3) Sayulita is a swoon-worthy shopping destination filled with high quality, colorful, handcrafted artisanal items – Wow! I was in heaven meandering in and out of shops and street vendors in Sayulita, I could have spent days doing this! I was really impressed by the high quality beautifully made handcrafted items that I discovered all over town. So much color, beautiful detailed craftsmanship and statement making treasures were uncovered while shopping there.
4) The locals are wonderfully colorful and take pride in their work – As I explored Sayulita, I was struck by the unexpected level of passion that the locals had towards their work, whether they were an artisan themselves or if they were selling the artistic creations of someone else. I loved hearing the stories about how their particular artistic creation was passed down from one generation to the next. It was so heart warming to experience this and it made you want to support and buy from them even more!
5) Sayulita has the Best Micheladas, Hands Down! If you have never had a Michelada – a cold and refreshing beverage made with beer, tomato juice, Worcestershire Sauce, Tajin and a squeeze of fresh lime juice – you must have one in Sayulita because they make them to perfection! It’s a must-have whenever you visit this charming place, especially during the hot summer months because it’s so cool and refreshing!
I hope that I have enticed you to visit Sayulita sooner rather than later so that you can enjoy all of the colorfulness and serenity that this boho beach town has to offer. And make sure to checkout the Riviera Nayarit Visitors & Convention Bureau website to learn all about the wonderful and adventurous things that you can do in this burgeoning vacation region.
Many of these Fab Photos were taken by: Amanda San Martin Photography
Subscribe to Romy Raves
Click the link below to subscribe and be in the know for every Rave-Worthy find!
BY SUBMITTING YOUR INFORMATION, YOU’RE GIVING US PERMISSION TO EMAIL YOU. YOU MAY UNSUBSCRIBE AT ANY TIME.
Mexico is a beautiful country in the list of wonderful places. It attract tourist to its attraction. I don’t know the place of Sayulita but all of those colours having effects to the visitors.
Mexico is one of the wonderful countries that attract tourists towards itself for its culture, food, beaches, Mayan templates, mariachi bands, and a lot more…
Mexico is one of the best palaces that is visited. Great place to visit. I love colorful, handcrafted artisanal items. Thanks to you to remind beautiful old memories.
You look chic and great. Great styling!
Wow, the pictures on here are so gorgeous. This looks like a great place to visit! Maybe one day!!
It is just as good as it looks!
I would so love to visit Mexico one day, Sayulita looks absolutely gorgeous, didn’t even know about this place
I am delighted to introduce you to this gem
I love how fun and vibrant your pictures are. Will keep Sayulita in mind when visiting Mexico.
It is even more colorful in person
Such gorgeous photos Romy. It looks like such a beautiful and serene place to visit. I’m sure I would break the bank with all of the fabulous places to shop.
Girl! The shopping is fab
All of those colors are gorgeous! Love it! I am really looking forward to traveling more and this is the type of place I want to visit often. The local goods look amazing. Thanks for sharing your experience with the area.
My pleasure! It is such a wonderful colorful place & the shopping is superb!
I love how colorful this destination is and how much you can do within a certain area! Looks like fun and a great summer trip -Sondra Barker @cuisineandtravel.com
It is such a colorful happy place!
Totally loving all the stunning colours of Sayulita, as you mentioned its an instagram lovers dream to be there and the Michelada looks delish
I can’t wait to go back for it all!
I used to love to travel with someone who liked to go off the beaten path. We did discover some really cool things. The girl on the moped had the perfect photo bomb, lol!
It was the best photo bomb ever!
I love your outfit! You look as bright, colorful, and happy as the city itself!
I’m so glad that you noticed 😉
Sayulita is really an awesome place to visit. I am also from Mexico! Thanks for sharing!
You’re looking fabulous in this post!! I love markets anyway, but even more so when it’s this colourful! I’d love to visit Sayulita Market, it’s very Instagrammable 😀
The colors are so pretty and you are right, every corner it’s a perfect photocall!
Colorful and fun, just like you! I definitely need to visit here someday.
Awww music to my ears!
It certainly looks like a beautiful place!! I’d love to visit one day!
That looks a great list of reasons to visit Sayulita, perfect to spend the entire summer vacation in style.
That looks like a beautiful place to visit. I have never been to Mexico but have heard great things from friends who have visited. I have yet to leave the country but have been thinking about it lately. I may need to look more into this location.
What a fab and colourful place, it looks like such a great atmosphere and culture!
This is certainly a vibrant town you visited, love the little trinkets sold by the local. So colorful and cute and furthermore made by the locals.
You nailed it! I fell in LOVE with Sayulita and can’t wait to go back to explore more!
Let’s go again together soon! xo
I loke the idea of it being relaxing and non touristy. It sounds wonderful for a holiday.
Sayulita is such a gorgeous place. We’ve been there, and it was fantastic. The area is so far beyond beautiful.
Yes girl, such a treasure!