Are you a night owl like me? Do you get your second wind around 11pm and then feel like you can conquer the world? Do you then pay the price for it the next morning by looking tired, swollen, raccoon-eyed? I do!! Last night for example, I was deep into my spring cleaning project (see my earlier post on this topic), and then after being wound up from that, I just HAD to watch Adam Lambert blow it out of the box with his version of Led Zeppelin”s Whole Lotta Love, he is the best AI talent ever and he gives me the chills! Anyway, after that it was well past 1am before my head hit the pillow. The next thing I know it is 7am and my adorable 5 year old, in all his perky glory has decided it is time for me to get up and I SO don”t want to! Needless to say, I was NOT looking perky, fresh or well rested–can anyone say bags, puffiness and dark circles???
So what”s a girl to do? This is where my beauty product obsession comes in handy, and after constantly trying so many products over the years, I currently have a nice little morning ritual of products for my eyes that really saves me, helps me look bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and most importantly like I have had about eight hours of sleep.
So here is my current wake-up-the-eyes regimen:
- My absolute first step out of bed these days is Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller. This wonderous drugstore product instantly hydrates, depuffs and diminishes the dark circles around my eyes. The combination of the cold roller ball and caffeine do the trick and I am really happy with the results. (Read these related posts for more wonderful perk up the eyes products My Eyes Are on a Roll and Would You Care for a Spot of Black Tea in your Skin Products?)
- Next, another long time staple in my beauty tool arsenal is Shu Uemura”s cult Eyelash Curler, and I have used this magical tool religiously everyday since I can remember. In my opinion, it is the best on the market because it holds up over time and gives your lashes the best curl. And when my lashes are curled, I look instantly more awake and refreshed. If you have never curled your lashes get started now girlfriend, better late than never!
- Now for covering those nasty dark circles, I have tried many concealers over the years with limited satisfaction, but lately I have been loving Benefit”s Erase Paste (Number 2/Medium) because it offers very good coverage/concealing and brightening both at the same time. You get two products for the price of one and I like saving money these days. After being de-puffed, curled, concealed and brightened, I am starting to finally look awake in under five minutes.
- My last two steps just seal the deal with additional lightening, brightening and that special sparkle in my eye. I absolutely love the casino online pl creative and inspired products by celebrity make-up artist Mally Roncal. My hands down fav product in this eye brightening recipe is Mally Beauty”s Light Wand Eye Brightener, it is literally like a magic wand for the eyes and instantly makes your eyes look bright and alive. It is actually a two sided pencil product with one side being a white-gold-champagne colored eye pencil that you draw on the inner corners of your eyes and then you soften and finish it with the other product which is the same color powder dispensed through the cap and applied over the line like a smudger. After using this magic wand, your eyes glisten and you look like you have that special sparkle in your eyes–Brilliant! (Read Turn Around Bright Eyes for more amazing eye brightening products)
- The final step if needed (and I usually do) is a smidge of Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (Number 2), which is also a cult favorite eye brightener for make-up junkies like me. You just put a small amount of this magical product over your concealer as the very last step after your traditional make-up is done. I usually just use a dot on the inner part of my circles just to add the icing on the cake.
It sounds like a lot of steps, but it really takes so little time and has a very big impact on how I look and feel. Give it a whirl and let me know what you think.
Here”s to our little secret,
That Girl with the Special Sparkle in her Eyes