With the Memorial Day Holiday Weekend coming up this weekend (typically thought of as the weekend that kicks off the summer season), I totally have tanning on the brain! I must admit that when my body and face are slightly bronzed and glowing, I feel so much more confident and sexy in my own skin – a nice tan will do that for a girl!
Ironically, I am just about to get ready for an event tonight and I am starting my preparation for a self tanning session that I have scheduled for tomorrow (I’m testing out a new pro heated spray tanning service.) However in all honesty, there are so many amazing self tanning and bronzing products out on the beauty landscape these days that it is so easy to fake a gorgeous golden glow at home! Let me tell you how I do it:
- First, get rid of all of your unwanted hair! You can shave if you’d like or try out my favorite new obsession Philips Satin Perfect Epilator for easy breezy hair removal that lasts for weeks
- Next, You MUST follow The Golden Rule of Self-Tanning = ALWAYS EXFOLIATE before a tan! You want your skin smooth and soft to ensure a flawless, even application. I like using colorful loofah gloves to exfoliate, makes it more fun!
- Make sure to apply some lotion to the drier areas on your body like knees, elbows, feet and heels
- Apply your favorite self tanning product all over your body. There are tons of affordable and fabulous ones available at mass retailers nationwide, test out a few to see which you like best. I personally love creams and lotions because they are easy to apply and very forgiving
- If the tanning product has a lot of pigment, remember to wear rubber gloves and make sure that you carefully cover all areas that you want to tan
- Wash your hands immediately, tanned palms are a dead giveaway
- Wear loose fitting clothing because it allows the tan to develop without any marks
- Within a few hours, you will have a gorgeous golden glow (FYI that yucky orange tan is a thing of the past)
- I typically choose not to tan my face, because there are so many fabulous bronzers and luminizers, I can fake a gorgeous glow on my face and then wash it off at night
- I apply my bronzer with a technique that a makeup artist taught me called: The ’3′ Technique
- Bascially, you use a fluffy brush to draw a ’3′ on the side of your face starting with the middle of your forehead, looping around your eye to your cheekbone and then looping down to your chin. Repeat on the other side. This is super easy and gives you the perfect warm flush!
- Then take a smidgen of a cream or liquid luminizer to highlight your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose, your browbone and the inner corners of your eyes. You can even use a bit of luminzer on your cleavage and shoulders to add more impact. Can you say JLo glow?
And that’s it! This is all that you need to make yourself into a Gorgeous Golden Goddess in the comfort of your own home!
Would you like to win fabulous prizes that will get you smooth and ready for summer? Go to www.beauty.philips.com and enter the Style Your Spring sweepstakes by sharing your tips and tricks for at home beauty routines.
Philips Satin Perfect is an innovative solution for women who are looking for a simple, at-home hair removal tool to ensure they are ready for any outfit at a moment’s notice. Satin Perfect is a cordless, total body epilator that removes even the shortest hairs in one stroke, so skin stays silky smooth for up to four weeks. It includes an extra-wide epilation head with textured ceramic discs to remove even the finest and shortest (.5MM) hairs. Visit www.Beauty.Philips.com for more information on Philips female hair removal products.
Compensation was provided by Philips via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Philips.