Can you believe that Memorial Day is this weekend and that summer is just around the corner?! For me, the transition from Spring to Summer means it’s time to change up my skincare routine and prep my skin for the drying, pore clogging elements of summer. One of my favorite ways to instantly transform my skin, not to mention give me a much needed relaxation break, is to indulge in a fabulous face mask and prep my skin for the seasons, the elements, events etc. Lately, I have been testing out so many fabulous face masks, that I decided to share my favorites in this post and give you a handy dandy reference guide of which mask to use depending on what you skin needs throughout the summer.
Masks That Brighten
1) Algenist Algae Brightening Mask ($59) This rejuvenating mask is packed with nourishing and detoxifying algae which smooths and hydrates your skin and makes it visibly brighter and more radiant. I love the refreshing clean oceanic scent and how soft and refreshed my skin feels after using it.
Luzern Pure Oxygen Radiance Mask ($70) This cosmecutical grade mask combines oxygen and co-enzyme Q10 to give your skin an instant burst of energy and radiance. I love that you create this mask on the spot yourself by cocktailing the oxygen mask with the serum, which together gives your skin an amazing glow as if you just left a professional spa.
3) Jan Marini Luminate Face Mask ($85) This brand new mask is packed with state-of-the-art brightening agents, resurfacing acids, calming tea extracts and hydrating ingredients to visibly improve skin tone, texture and luminosity. I was impressed at how luminous and supple my skin looked and felt after using this mask just one time.
Masks That Hydrate
4) Susan Ciminelli Hydrating Gel Mask ($75) This cooling quenching mask with aloe vera and azulene is like a tall drink of water for your skin. It revitalizes and softens fine lines and wrinkles and I love how calming, soothing and healing this mask is. I think it’s the perfect mask to keep in your arsenal for calming weather beaten skin this summer.
5) Charlotte Tilbury Multi-Miracle Glow Cleanser, Mask & Balm ($60) This innovative cream-to-oil balm unction is made with gorgeous skin nourishing oils, vitamins and floral extracts that give your skin a soft, dewy supple finish. What makes this product so special is that it is three products in one: a deep cleansing, skin softening face wash; a hydrating and regenerating face mask and an SOS body balm = OBSESSED!
Overnight Sleep Masks
7) Olay Regenerist Luminous Overnight Mask ($29.99) This refreshing gel mask contains vitamins and hydrating ingredients that absorb into the surface of your skin throughout the night giving you bright, pearlescent-looking skin in the morning. I love how lightweight and fresh smelling this mask is, how it evens skin tone over time and that you can find it at almost any drugstore near you.
8) Boscia Tsubaki Deep Hydration Sleeping Mask ($34) This yummy and deeply-hydrating sleep mask contains a Tsubaki (Camellia) Oil which is a potent antioxidant that firms, hydrates, and protects your skin against free radical damage. I am obsessed with the intoxicating herbal floral scent and how smooth, soft and supple it leaves my skin the morning after.
9) Fresh Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask ($92) This intensely moisturizing night time treatment contains a proprietary blend of black tea and fruit extracts that helps improve your skin’s elasticity. It also contains skin firming peptides and hyaluronic acid to make your skin incredibly moist and supple. I love the fresh slightly sweet scent and how soft and hydrated my skin feels the next morning
10) ANEW Clinical Overnight Hydration Mask ($30) This ultra-lightweight gel formula replenishes your skin overnight with encapsulated hyaluronic acid and shea butter beads. It increases the moisture levels in your skin by three times with a level of deep hydration that lasts for 48 hours. I love how hydrated and plump it makes my skin look.
Masks That Exfoliate & Get Rid of Unwanted Skin
11) ($34) This gentle exfoliating peel-off mask contains natural salicylic acids that deeply clean your skin and pores. It makes your skin look smoother and cleaner in just 15 minutes. Fast & FAB! First Aid Transforming Peel Off Mask
12) RevaleSkin Rejuvenating Enzyme Masque ($70) This amazing potent anti-aging masque made with Coffeeberry Extract rejuvenates your skin with a blend of natural enzymes that gently yet thoroughly exfoliate and get rid of dirt and impurities, while at the same time hydrating your skin with shea butter. This brilliant mask detoxifies,replenishes and transforms your skin a. A new fav!
13) Osmia Organics Protein Exfoliating Mask ($40) This all natural organic mask is made out of protein-rich azuki beans, quinoa and essential oils which all work synergistically together to give your skin an enzymatic exfoliation, while at the same time moisturizing the deeper layers of your skin. This fabulous handcrafted mask smells like a heavenly combo of earth and lavender and makes your skin smoother and tighter.
14) FarmHouse Fresh Sand Your Ground Clarifying Mud Exfoliation Mask ($36) This very effective exfoliating mask is made out of volcanic pumice, red Arizona clay, and willow bark extract to give your skin a fabulous exfoliation while detoxifying at the same time. This mask leaves your skin feeling really smooth and very clean. It’s the perfect mask to prep your skin for a summer beach vacay!
15) Vine Vera Resveratrol Vitamin C Peeling ($176) This luxurious face mask is made with Resveratrol, Vitamin C and Vitamin A, which are all potent antioxidants designed to remove dead skin and impurities and leave your skin smooth, radiant and younger looking. Indulgent, but worth it!
Disclosure: I was sent an assortment of the masks mentioned above for editorial consideration, but all opinions and smooth supple skin are my own.