FAB Photo of me on a Catamaran in Costa Rica by CL Buchananon Photography
Can you believe I’m closer to 50 than 40? Every time someone asks how old I am, most of the time they guess mid to late 30’s and they are often surprised/disbelieving of my real age (47) and that makes me infinitely happy. What’s my secret you ask? Well, it’s a magical combo of genetics, attitude, lifestyle, lifelong obsession with beauty and access to the best skincare, health and wellness products out there. Following are five of my secrets to staying #ForeverYoung:
1) Embrace a Fun-Loving, Positive Attitude – I recently visited Costa Rica where they live by the mantra Pura Vida (Pure Life), which essentially means live life to fullest, don’t sweat the small stuff and just enjoy the present moment and it totally resonated with me. The picture of me above truly embodies this Pura Vida attitude and I really try to live my life this way most of time. I have fun, I totally embrace who I am and make no apologies for it and I try to see the glass as half full, and I wholeheartedly believe that this is one very important secret to staying young.
2) Prioritize Your Skin & Take Obsessive Care of It – I have been obsessed with skincare since I was a tween, and beginning at that early age I prioritized taking care of my skin. I continue to get regular facials (or do them at home) and I always use at least one type of skin enhancing/anti-aging product in order to prevent further damage and keep my skin fresh and radiant. One of my current product loves is Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream. I adore this yummy cream because you can easily find it at your local mass retailer, it’s super affordable and it gives my skin a fabulous dose of hydration and a gorgeous luminosity. Looking Younger = Regularly using great anti-aging skincare products!
3) Find a form of Exercise that Motivates & Inspires You – I truly believe that regularly releasing pent up stress and toxins is essential to our well-being and one of the best ways to achieve this is with some form of exercise. Whether you are a gym rat, a runner or you walk your dog, whatever floats your boat and motivates you to do it regularly and consistently is the best exercise for you. For me, Hot Yoga is my latest obsession. I can do classes at night after my son is in bed, I sweat like crazy and it’s a total mental and physical release. Over time my body is changing and getting stronger and it makes me feel young and vibrant.
4) Every girl needs a little Aesthetic Maintenance Now & Then – I honestly feel lucky to be living at this point in aesthetic history because there are SO many effective non-invasive treatments and technologies to keep us looking more youthful and the best that we can for our age. When you use these procedures sparingly and when done by an artistic skilled technician, you look like your best, fresher, younger self, not fake, plastic or over done. I’m talking about things like Botox, fillers, lasers and chemical peels to name a few treatments that I partake in to look the best that I can.
5) Eat Balanced, Portion Controlled, Seasonal & Local Foods – I’m a foodie which really helps me eat better and more beautifully. I always opt for seasonal, local foods whenever I have the choice, and although sometimes my portions get out of control, eating this way makes me feel healthier and more vibrant. For inspiration, visit your local farmers market and buy things from all colors of the rainbow, it’s yummy and fun.
Olay is a worldwide leader in skin care and has been trusted by women for over 60 years, maintaining its founding philosophy: to maintain a deep understanding of women’s changing needs and to combine products that fit their needs with the latest advances in skin care technology. Regenerist was created along those lines to address women’s anti-aging needs, and millions of women have tried it and loved it, making Regenerist the #1 anti-aging moisturizer.*
*Based on Nielsen data week ending 2/1/14
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by P&G via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of P&G.
Subscribe to Romy Raves
Click the link below to subscribe and be in the know for every Rave-Worthy find!
BY SUBMITTING YOUR INFORMATION, YOU’RE GIVING US PERMISSION TO EMAIL YOU. YOU MAY UNSUBSCRIBE AT ANY TIME.